Information Collected and How It Is Used
The information and data about you which we may collect, use and process includes the following:
1. information that you provide to us by filling in forms on the Website or any other information you submit to us via the Website or email;
2. records of correspondence, whether via the Website, email, telephone or other means;
3. your responses to surveys or customer research that we carry out;
4. details of the transactions you carry out with us, whether via the Website, telephone or other means; and
5. details of your visits to the Website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data.
We may use your personal information and data together with other information for the purposes of:
1. Creating, operating and managing your account;
2. Processing your bets, including card and on-line payments in accordance with the bet365 terms and conditions;
3. Complying with our legal and regulatory duties;
4. Carrying out customer research, surveys and analyses (in which case such details will be treated in a de-personalised manner);
5. Providing you with information about promotional offers and our products and services, where you have consented, through ticking the corresponding box; and
6. Monitoring transactions for the purposes of preventing fraud, irregular betting, money laundering and cheating.
We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your information is kept secure and protected and will do so in accordance with the current data protection law by applying the security measures demanded by that law. We will only disclose personal information to other companies within associated or subsidiary companies and to business partners, and suppliers that are engaged to process such information on our behalf, with the goal of enabling the provision to you by us of the requested services on the Website. If you apply for an account with us then to help us make credit decisions about you, to fulfil our legal obligations to prevent fraud, to check your age and identity and to prevent money laundering, we may use third parties including credit reference agencies who will record any searches on your file. We may also make enquiries of, and disclose details of how you conduct your account to, such agencies, organisations and any other relevant third parties for fraud and money laundering prevention in accordance with the current law.
Telephone calls to and from our Customer Contact Centre are recorded for staff evaluation and security purposes along with the resolution of any queries arising from the service you receive.
What is a Cookie?
Cookies are small text files containing small amounts of information which are sent to and stored on your computer, smartphone or other device when you access a website. Cookies are then sent back to the originating website on each subsequent visit or to another website that recognises that cookie. Cookies are useful because they allow a website to recognise a user's device.
You can find more information about cookies at www.allaboutcookies.org.
Cookies are used on the Website for a number of reasons. This includes, but is not limited to, the following: (i) to allow users to log on to their bet365 account; (ii) to allow users to choose log-in preferences; (iii) to monitor and collect information about transactions placed on the Website; and (iv) for fraud prevention purposes and to generally safeguard privacy. Cookies are generally used to improve and enhance the user experience. Some of the cookies we use are essential for the Website to operate.
• Session Management - these cookies are essential to enable use of the Website, they manage session information and enable users to navigate through the Website.
• Functionality - these cookies store information which enables us to remember user preferences e.g. preferred language, sort types, media settings. They are also used to improve user's experience by, for example, stopping users from being shown the same message twice.
• Fraud Prevention - these cookies store information which help us stop fraudulent use of the Website.
• Tracking - these cookies enable us to store information about how users landed on the Website. We need to record this so that we can appropriately pay our Affiliates.
bet365 does not use 3rd party tracking cookies.
Where links are provided on the Website to third party websites it is important to remember that those websites will have their own cookies and privacy policies which will govern any information you may submit. If you decide to use any linked third party websites please read their cookies and privacy policies before doing so.
If you want to delete any cookies already stored on your computer or stop the cookies that keep track of your browsing patterns on the Website you can do so by deleting your existing cookies and/or altering your browser's privacy settings (the process you follow will differ from browser to browser). If you would like more information on how to disable cookies or change your privacy settings please visit www.allaboutcookies.org. Your browser's 'help' function should also tell you how to do this.
Please note that deleting our cookies or disabling our future cookies means that you may not be able to access certain areas or features of the Website. For example, if your browser is set to disable 'session' cookies you won't be able to log on to your bet365 account.
International personal data transfers
Disclosure of Information
We, like all other licensed gambling operators in Spain, are obliged to share the information we hold on you (including personal data and betting history) with the Spanish regulator, sporting bodies and other bodies, in order to investigate fraud, money laundering or sports integrity issues.
Access rights, rectification, cancellation and opposition
The client can execute their access, opposition, rectification and cancellation rights via an e-mail to email@example.com. Any execution of rights will need the user to be correctly identified. Therefore it is necessary that the copy of the identification document which is submitted and the request are valid.
We will at all times facilitate the exercise by you of all of your rights to the extent permitted and required by Spanish gaming and data protection legislation. Please note, however, that legislation does not allow the operator to cancel certain customer registration data for a determined period of time.
Last updated 29/09/2014.